Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

the lost wallet part 2

It had been a year since I lost my wallet and now after a year had passed on I stood in the middle of nowhere with my wallet lost. I searched frantically an soon all the passengers in the bus knew that a boy had lost his wallet but all in vain I had been pick pocketed for the first time in my life. Too much for the firsts I said to myself ‘now what?’ The nearest place where I could go was to my father and it would cost 15 rupees but I had no money “wait a minute” I thought to myself I just shoved some change in my pocket. I put my hands in the pocket and took out the change and started counting; ‘I had been lucky this day too as I had been all my life’, it was fifteen rupees complete. The next thing I did was to call up my father and ask him to stay back for a bit at office as I had some important issue to discuss with him. Well after securing my ticket back to Karnal the next thing that came to my mind was that I needed to block my ATM so I called the customer care and put in a request with them. By this time I was seated in a blue line and after I had made that call I felt a sudden impulse of being carefree I had no worries whatsoever. It had been a while since I had felt this way and was enjoying every moment of it. In some time I was with my father and he asked me what was the topic I wanted to talk to him about I told him that I had forgot my wallet back at my room and had no money on me and as the generous person that my father is he gave me more than I needed and after spending some time with my father I headed towards ISBT to catch a bus home and to add to the series of events that were happening I boarded one of the last buses and it had no seats so I had to spend the rest of the journey standing and as I had no means of passing time I decided to talk to the person standing next to me. He was an middle aged person and we struck up a nice conversation comprising of topics ranging from politics to sports and society to health I felt pretty good as I alighted at the bus stop it was about half an hour past midnight and I got home to find a nice and clean bed waiting for me and that was it for a day in which I had lost my wallet but found a new life in me

No comments:

Post a Comment