Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy faces


It’s been more than a month that I have started with my summer intern now and the daily commute in the Bombay local gives me enough time to think of new and interesting things. Here is one such thing that I feel like sharing here.

Everyday as we move out our familiar environment of our homes, we encounter many new people. There are thousands of these new faces that we see; some happy, some sad; some in a hurry, some in no hurry; some young and restless, while some old and calm; a good looking girl and a group of staring boys.
Now and then we talk about life. We talk about how it should be and what is an ideal life. More often than not the answer is ‘a happy life’. While we do not know if a person is happy or not we look at the faces and we can find out that a person is happy or not. A cheerful face is most likely a happy person. So why not find out how many happy faces we see in the daily mob. This is what I decided I would do.
My today’s morning commute was in search of these happy faces in betwixt this hurrying mob. I went out with an opinion that I would find none but to my surprise I did find out a few in a hundred faces who had to deal with the ‘overwhelming rush of humanity’ and the scorching may sun of the indian summer. And yes this brought a smile to my face too.

No comments:

Post a Comment