Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

Killing of an Immortal


Stephen Cave in his ted talk talks about 4 ways we live on after death. You can see the video below.


Stephen talks about how when people are confronted with the fact that they are going to die get ready to believe just about anything that says it is not so. These people would (all of us)once aware of this immortality then try to make themselves immortal. He goes on to summarize these efforts to be of 4 types, namely; Elixir, Resurrection, Soul and Legacy. We all believe to be immortals in one way or the other.

My Idea occurred when I was thinking about legacy. For many people like me for whom it is very important to create one. But the question arises what if I fail to do so or what if I during my pursuit of immortality meet death, not a biological one but one of thoughts.

What if the people whom I want to remember me forget me?
What if the pages of minds where I want to write my story shut themselves tight?
What if I can’t write my immortal story?
And the most scary
What if I am there to see my efforts fail?
The question is what then?
 Do I let myself die an anonymous death?
The answer is no of course not, I mean that’s what we have been taught isn’t it? “Never give up”.
Then I think to myself have I done this to someone? Have I closed the pages of my mind when someone wanted to write on it.

Well maybe I have, Maybe all of us have.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there theordinarycollegeguy information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO

    ReplyDelete